Maximum allowable instrument error reading

M

Mike

Hi guys;

I want to clear that what is the maximum error is acceptable? I measure the ambient temperature and measure T1 (Compressor inlet temperature) by using RTD's. For T1 there are four RTDS and get Average while ambient is measure by the digital thermometer. The difference between Ambient and T1 avg is 4 deg Fahrenheit. I want to know what is the maximum allowable error for turbine performance measurement?

We used Centaur 40 from solar turbines INC.
Is it necessary that ambient temperature and T1 must be same? One guy said it must be same while i think a minor difference is always because of air flow through the inlet duct to enter the compressor we measure T1 just air enter into the compressor.

Regards

is suction temperature or local ambient (weather station) temperature is needed in your case?
As you point out they are not the same

> is suction temperature or local ambient (weather station) temperature is needed in your case?
> As you point out they are not the same

Hi;

Yes ambient temperature also used while T1 is used to correct the speed and other temperature like exhaust and Turbine rotor inlet temperature.
Ambient temperature and compressor inlet temperature must be same or not? minimum error acceptable in instrumentation for Temperatures, Pressure and flows regarding to any gas turbine or ISO standards
Regards

Hi guys;

Help me on this issue about maximum error according to ISo or ASME standards for the gas turbine measurement parameters.

Regards