Memobus communication to Yaskawa G3 inverter

D

Delamaine

I am in need of some clarification regarding the Memobus comms protocol. I know the message format employed (address, function, data, CRC) but need to know what format is hould be sent in to the inverter - in hexadecimal format, string format, raw binary? If possible a simple line of code that performs memobus comms( in any language) will be appreciated.

thanks
Delamaine

P

Prasanth Gopalakrishnan

Dear Delamaine:
It really depends on the Memobus configuration on the Inverter. Memobus modules support BIN, ASCII and sometimes RTU message structuring. This would mean that, you could have memobus communication in any of the specified formats, provided your inverter is also configured for the same format.

If the Inverter supports binary format, then you need send in your data as binary data. If it supports ASCII framing you need to send and receive data similarly.

If you could give more interface information as to whether it is Memobus TCP/IP or Memobus Serial, and different configuration options i shall be able to give more inputs.

prasanth
--------------------------------------
Prasanth Gopalakrishnan
Kalki Communication Technologies Private Limited,
2nd Floor, #147, 5th Main Road, HSR Sector 7
Bangalore 560034, Karnataka, India
Phone(O): 91-80-572 1263/4
Phone(H): 91-80-572 0353
Fax: 91-80-5721264, 1 646 365 7718
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.kalkitech.com

Dear Prasanth:
This is bred chen from Utitech Technology.We have a project needed to connect to Yaskawa PLC running on Win 2000.
We find the article on Control.com which shows your ability to connect to Yaskawa Invertor. We would like to ask for help regarding the Protocol of Memobus.
We would like to try Memobus protocol to develop I/O servers. could u pls advise where or how to find the protocol? or you have the solution ?

regards
bred
e-mail:[email protected]
www.utitech.com.tw
tel:886-7-8152813
Fax:886-7-8153025