Mettler Toledo and MT-SICS commands

I have a Mettler Toledo scale model Gold Balance JE3002G with MT-SICS. I am testing its output using HyperTerminal, and it's set to "continuous output." Here's an example:

S S 0.00 g

S S 0.00 g

S S 0.00 g

S D 112.59 g

S D 114.50 g

S D 114.50 g

S S 114.50 g

S S 114.50 g

S S 114.50 g

I am encountering a problem where the output is consistently in grams. Even after changing the unit of measurement from the scale panel, the output via the serial port remains in grams. A technician showed me how to address this using HyperTerminal and keyboard commands. The process involves stopping continuous output, adjusting the configuration to match the unit of measure displayed on the scale panel, and then restarting continuous output (all done through keyboard commands).

I have two specific issues:

1.I am unable to reproduce the technician's steps. Despite consulting the documentation, I seem to be missing a crucial detail. I can't even stop the continuous output. Could someone provide the exact steps to follow?

2.The technician mentioned that changes made through HyperTerminal without external tools are temporary. This seems unusual to me. Is it true that there is no command to make these changes permanent without relying on external devices like configuration tools?

Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.