Modicon Hotstandby with 140-CPU-113-03

G

Gaspar

I'm programming a system in Hotstandby configuration using two 140-CPU113-03 PLCs
and one 140-CHS-210-00 Hotstandby Kit.
Using Concept V2.6 XL SR1 as develop tool.

Can I develop the Hotstandby logic software in LL984 and the process logic of my system in IEC?

C
I would be interested to know if you make it work successfully, because even if the CPU supports hot standby, once the IEC loadables are in mememory there is very little left for programs.

Unfortunately, HOT STANDBY applications developed on Modicon Quantum Platform cannot work with both LL984 & IEC 61131-3 Code. Only CPUs 140CPU43412A & 140CPU53414A allow designers to choose between developing the HSBY application on either IEC Code (Any combination of 5 languages supported by Concept) or LL984, but NOT BOTH. For the rest of Quantum processors (excluding UNITY CPUs which do not support LL984 code at all), including your CPU, only LL984 code can be used when creating HOT STANDBY applications.

If IEC Code is MANDATORY, I suggest you to contact Schneider Electric Services in order for them to offer you a CPU Upgrade.
Good Luck.