Proworx Download Error

V

Victor Guerra

I'm trying to write to a Modicon Quantum 113/3 using Proworx NXT V2.1. I keep getting Message 389 - Command not valid unless logged in.

The PLC is in Dim Awareness and the program must be ok as it was previously running on this same processor. The download appears to complete the traffic cop section and then comes up with this error. I can log in as Supervisor on the security menu and the 'write to processor' option is enabled. Comms also appear to be ok as it picks up the fact that the PLC is in dim awareness.

This is the first time I've had to use Proworx and Modicon stuff so please be gentle!

Thanks
Victor

I

Ing. Adrian Garcia Alvarado

The message 389 - "Command not valid unless logged in" is common with laptops that do not hold the DTR signal high enough. A workaround is to jumper the DSR Signal to the DTR signal on each end of the cable rather than bring them across. On the PLC's that have the RS232 RJ45 jack you would jumper pins 1 and 2. On the RS232 DB9 connectors, you would jumper pins 4 and 6.

Proworx NxT and Proworx Plus will allow you to go online to a PLC that already has a user logged in, but it will use a Data Path to do this. If a user goes online to a PLC using a Data Path because someone else is already logged in, then this message will surface anytime that the user tries to use a command that requires a program path. This is common on MB+ networks. Having the user remove the MB+ connector at the PLC in question to kick off the user that supposedly is not logged on will normally fix this as he will notice that he is now able to perform programming commands after replacing the connector and logging back on.

I

Ing. Adrian Garcia Alvarado

The error "Command Not Valid Unless Logged In" is common with laptops that do not hold the DTR signal high enough. A workaround is to jumper the DSR Signal to the DTR signal on each end of the cable rather than bring them across. On the PLC's that have the RS232 RJ45 jack you would jumper pins 1 and 2. On the RS232 DB9 connectors, you would jumper pins 4 and 6.

Proworx NxT and Proworx Plus will allow you to go online to a PLC that already has a user logged in, but it will use a Data Path to do this. If a user goes online to a PLC using a Data Path because someone else is already logged in, then this message will surface anytime that the user tries to use a command that requires a program path. This is common on MB+ networks. Having the user remove the MB+ connector at the PLC in question to kick off the user that supposedly is not logged on will normally fix this as he will notice that he is now able to perform programming commands after replacing the connector and logging back on.