Remote Terminal Unit compatible with Allen-Bradley

A

Adriana G.

Hello....

We have RSLinx and RSView32, we need a remote terminal unit (RTU) to colect 4 analog inputs but i don`t know which one to buy, some like Sixnet or Coyotedata request OPC Server to connect with RSView... is posible to download an OPC server "free" for this RTU´s or somebody know what comercial RTU are compatible or has a driver for work with RSLinx or RSView directly.

Thanks.

Omnex has a couple or wireless I/O options that use the DF1 protocol. You'd have to research which unit would suit your needs.

M
Simple answer: Use an Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1000, which has version with both discrete and analog I/O. One of my recent projects has nine identical RTUs, plus five other PLCs, all linked by radio. One RTU hangs on the street corner outside my office window. Use DF1 half-duplex communications so that you can set the addresses with more than one unit.

Mike

If your're not attempting to buy other OPC server, your're stuck with AB. Prosoft have a large selection of protocol converter for AB.

If you choose AB, you can use Micrologix series, either 1000,1200 or 1500.

Control Microsystem's SCADAPack has an option for DF-1 Protocol, I don't know it's compatibility with RSLinx.(www.controlmicrosystem.com)

And there were no such thing like a 'free stuff' in this business. ^_^.

Good Luck.
AF

M

Mike O'Connor

SIXNET does offer a free OPC server with their RTUs and controllers. Another possibility is to use Modbus between the RS software and the RTU. Does the RS software support Modbus?

Regards, Mike O'Connor - SIXNET Product Manager