Replacing UHF radio transceiver with Wifi

Dear all,
I am new to wireless data communication technology, i want to replace an UHF transceiver package (working at 430mhz frequency, 1W power) and replace them with Wifi (2.4Ghz, 400mW power) for and maritime application. Could this viable in the environment, sometime there will be obstacle between transmitter and receiver like ship,...
I am thinking about 3g/4g transmission too.
Please give me your advice.

Thank you very much,

Dear all,
I am new to wireless data communication technology, i want to replace an UHF transceiver package (working at 430mhz frequency, 1W power) and replace them with Wifi (2.4Ghz, 400mW power) for and maritime application. Could this viable in the environment, sometime there will be obstacle between transmitter and receiver like ship,...
I am thinking about 3g/4g transmission too.
Please give me your advice.

Thank you very much,
Ocean Digital Internet Wi-Fi/FM Radio is an amazing, wonderful new kind of radio, an "internet radio", something that is unknown to most people. It is an advanced generation unit, surprisingly easy to use. Based on the quality, I am very confident in its reliability. For me, this radio is perfect for overnight listening to an enormous number of stations from all over the world.

The original request was for a system to replace a radio/wireless "transceiver package". The Wi-Fi radios in the posts 2 & 3 are receivers only, not suitable for 2 way communication.