Rosemount Transmitter (For Magnetic flowmeter) 8712C - Meter Factor

Hello everyone!,

Being quick, I'm practicing with many kind of flowmeters and most of them have calibration factors or meter factors, however, I have now a 8712C transmitter that goes with a Magnetic tube and all that I can find is "SENSOR CALIBRATION NUMBER". This is a 16 digit number and by the manual it's supposed to be specific for each tube since it is referred to a specific calibration made by the manufacturer. What I want to do is to apply a K factor to this value, but I don't know if I have to multiply the K factor by this SENSOR CALIBRATION NUMBER or if this transmitter has something that actually refers to the Meter factor (that should be close to 1, and this is just a whole 16 digit number).

I'm kinda lost here so I wanted to know if you can help me explaining how this works or how to do it or point me at the right direction since I can't find how to do it on the internet?

Note: I did find somethig more or less about this but it is only for the 8712U, which I don't have.

Million thanks in advance.

Good Luck on your 20 year old Rosemount magmeter that offered upgrade to a D model 19 years ago:

rosemount 8712C.JPG

The 8172 manual states the gain factors apply only to the 8712U, so that tends to narrow the probabilities of making an adjustment on the magmeter electronics:

rosemount 8712U gains.JPG

Most PLC's and DCS's have a characterization/look-up table or outright scaling factor for the inputs. Have you considered making the fudge factor on the receiver end instead of the transmitter end?

Yes, I could add a factor directly on the DCS or PLC, however I also want the display to show the correct answer.
Looking a little bit creatively into the manual, I found that I can specify my own unit of measurement, I could just change this and I think it should work, what do you think?
1692329431637.png