s7-400 and profibus-dp and system bus(can)

S

safar

hello
i am automation engineer in auto industrial and i would programming plc s7-400 for control of servo motor(lenze type 9323)in profibus-dp network and system bus(can)network now i need free software for programing in s7 and example program.
if it is possible send for me or direct me.
safarlak

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello Safarlak;
To my knowledge, there is no legal way of obtaining Step7-Basis free. It is software protected (with an installation key). It will run idemo mode without authorization, but you will not be able to download to a PLC or simulation software.

However, if you have contacts with a Siemens rep or distributor, you can borrow or lease their software , especially if it leads to a sale.
Once you have the software installed, you will have to integrate the *.gsd file for your servo in the Hardware Config editor so you can use it in your Profibus configuration.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Z

Zabih Sarlak

Dear Mr. Safarlak
I'm an electronic engineer.
Please, If you find the free software for S7-400 programming send it or address of it's site to me.
Best regards
Z. Sarlak

I never found any way to connect S7-300 with Can-bus.
However, It is possible to connect S7-300 to CAN-bus using the CAN master or Can Slave from Helmholz system.

Connecting a lenze drive to profibus is possible
using a lenze profibusmodule ie "2133".
You can connect it to the 400 cpu.
Load the GSD file for the drive(2133 module),
configure it an write your S7 program.
We are running some 8200 lenze drive this way
by a 315-2DP cpu.
Free software is not available, you can run
siemens software ie S7V5.1 with full functionality.
The only thing you will have is a "nag" screen, while saving, down-uploading, opening until you install the license key.

greetz PrackeR