Siemens STEP5 DOS application

E

Emile Ackbarali

I have a licensed copy of the DOS version of Siemens STEP5 V6.1 application. I need to run it on a PC for demonstration purposes so that I can do some training.

However, it will only install on Siemens PG terminals. Does anyone know how I can do this and install on a regular PC?

Emile

S

Slawomir Telman

You can move the authorization if You have any authorization diskette... If You have installed a Step5 for PG probably You can move the STEP5 into another PG (best into similar type)- such it was to 6.5 v.... (PG sometimes has a hardware authorization in Bios) But You can contact the Siemens local support (sales).

Regards
Slav

F
Dear Sir,

You need a PC with DOS installed (or Windows 95/98 starting in command line mode). After installing you would need to transfer the license from a yellow disk to the hard disk using AUTHORS program. If the license isn't present on the disk you must recover it from the PG.

Sincerely,
Forgoselo

If you want run the STEP5 in windows mode, you need the newest version of the software, actualy the 7.23. It's run in all windows mode, 9X/Me/XP and DOS too.

Andrea