Simoreg 6RA70 Drives

M

Minhaj

Hi,

I am working on this drive and while i was reading out the concern manual for it, thre was this excitation circuit menationed in the table. there was nothing else mentioned about this unit. could someone please tell me what is the use of this unit? Is it use to switch the supply of Armature?

D

Drives_Coach

The exitaion circuit would refer to the field circuit. Any DC motor will have one circuit for the armature and one ciruit for the motor field to provide the excitation unless the motor has magnets to provide the excitation (only on small motors). The field rating is usually only a fraction of the current rating of the armature. The 6RA70 DC drive provides connections for both circuits.

Hello,
The excitation is the motor field supply 150vdc, 240vdc or 300vdc. DC motors have a field and a armature, unless they are perminant magnet but why would you have a 6ra70 on a pm motor.
The 6ra70 is a three phase drive supplied with 230vac or 460vac. At 230 the field normaly generated is 150vdc. At 460 the field generated is 300vdc. Good luck this drive can be tough to set up but the capibilities are endless.
Mike