Thytronic Relays DNP Configurationn

Do we have someone who has worked on this relays who can assist? I have a THYTRONIC XMR-o relay, it has 1 x RS485 & 1 x Ethernet port which can communicate DNP3 or MODBUS. I'm more interested in configuring DNP over ethernet. I have already tried to connect to the ASE2000 protocol test set and I'm not receiving any DNP messages. I also tried DNP over RS485 and to no avail as well. I suspect the problem is with setting up the relay for DNP 3 communication. I am able to ping the relay after changing the IP address. If anyone has any information regarding this equipment will be welcome.

Let's try troubleshoot the issue step by step:

1. Ensure that the relay is configured correctly for DNP3 communication over Ethernet. This involves setting up parameters such as the DNP3 address, port settings, and other relevant parameters.
  2. Since you can ping the relay after changing the IP address, it indicates that the network connection is established. However, double-check that there are no network issues preventing communication between your testing device and the relay.
  3. Consider using a protocol analyzer tool to monitor the communication between the relay and your testing device. This can help you identify any issues with the DNP3 messages being exchanged.
  4. Ensure that the relay's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, firmware updates may include fixes for communication issues or improvements in protocol support.
  5. Confirm that your testing device (ASE2000 protocol test set) is compatible with DNP3 over Ethernet and configured correctly to communicate with the relay.

Please let me know if it helped!

James from Coolair247