Wheelspace Temperature difference between 1st Stage Fwd & 1st Stage Aft Temperatures

" The reason I feel the wheel space TCs are performing fine is that there are other observations as well on the machine "
" I think you are very much right on the high probability of common mistakes during the handling & installation of the wheelspace thermocouples. "

It took some time but now maybe you will believe that Wheelspace TC are a pain to install/replace. One of the biggest benefits from this forum is passing over our experiences and helping people to understand and correct problems.
glenmorangie,

Frame 7 GE turbines only.

I have replaced many Wheelspace TC. I usually mark the TC with a SHarpie magic marker at the swagelock connector and use that as a insertion depth marker.

However, I have 2 turbines that have had 2AO2 TC replaced several times and continue to fail.

Any advice on anything regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, that is exactly what I do as well, mark at the swagelock. Roughly what is the failure rate of your TC ? Have you examined the failed TC to see how it failed?
glenmorangie

The failure rate is not really high. a couple of times a year. It is always the same wheelspace that concerns me. Also the other wheelspace TCs have given not problems in decades.

Perhaps, the wrong length of TC was inserted years ago and I am repeating a bad insertion based on the SHARPIE method.

What say you regarding installing a wheelspace TC when the SHARPIE method may be failing.

Where have you been getting the replacement TCs from ? When you changed the first failure did you compare what you removed with the replacement before you installed.?