Work on a GE LM6000

Good day all

I have to work on a GE LM 6000 and would like to know general operation of the aeroderivative unit like this one ..
The Scope is a SemiAnnual Inspection in LM6000 with MkVIe
What kind of work is expected to be done (like VSV variable stator vanes ...do they need to calibrate LVDTs if so )

I know that there is kind of cable ( what is used for ???)

Thank you for your collaboration

Regards,

I'm curious. There are many different flavors of LM6000. Which type are you working on? PA,PB,PC,PD,PF,PF1,PF2,PG, or PH? I would think that the PA and PB are unlikely since they are old engines and out of production. I would also doubt that you're working on a PH since not many of those were sold.

The PA,PC, and PG are SAC (singular annular combustor) engines. All the others are DLE. (Roughly equivalent to Frame DLN)

Thank you for your reply @shooter61

For type of LM6000 i have no clue as it is a short term assignment for semi annual inspection I guess that is stand for minor inspection

The rated power for these 4 units ( datas from GEMWIKI) is about 57 MW so I guess that is at least PC or PG type

James

I dont have yet contacted site (power station ) but I will make verification on the frame type !

Can you plz advise on how to conduct a semi annual inspection ..

Looks like it is a PG Type
OK. It's a SAC with two gas metering valves. It will have IGVs, VBVs, and VSVs. It shouldn't have ST8 or CDP bleed valves since those are (typically) only used on DLE engines. The PG and PH are "sister" engines in that the major differences are in the fuel system, the combustor, and the two bleed valves since one is a SAC and the other a DLE. The other parts of the engine are for practical purposes the same.

The 57MW told me that it was one of the newer LM6000s. The PA and PB are from the early 1990s with a peak MW power in the mid to lower 40s. The PC and PD came out in the mid to late 1990s. The PF in the early 2000's. The PC, PD, and PF peak out around 51MW. The PG, PH, PF1, and PF2 all came out around 2010 or later in the order I listed them. The PG, PF1, PF2, and PH all max out in the upper 50s and may actually get above 60MW if ambient temperature is cold enough and it is a good engine.