RSView32/Modbus

G

Greg Moulds

I will be installing a new RSView32 HMI as the front end of a retrofit positioning system on an existing sheeter. The positioning system will be using a ControlLogix controller and will completely replace the old positioning system. However, the rest of the machine is currently controlled by a Modicon 984 with an old DOS based HMI as the front end.

I would like to be able to add a few screens to the RSView32 to replace the old DOS based HMI. I have selected a Prolinx Gateway (MB+ to Enet) as the bridge, but I am unfamiliar with the addressing structure required by RSView32 for the Modicon addresses. Has anyone out there done this before?

J

Jay Smull Prosoft Tech Support

Greg,
It sounds like you are using one of our prolinx units. If this is true there is no modbus addressing that you have to use in regards to RSView. Our ethernet driver emulates a SLC using "N" files for access to the prolinx database.

Give me a call at 661-716-5100 and ask for Jay and we can go over your application.

F
Greg,

You can use A Modicon Modbus Plus card in your PC. Part SA-85. Then use the Kepserver that most people use with the RSView Software. Then set up your nodes or address to the PLC and give it a name. After that create your tags using modicon addressing I.E 40001 and the system will read and write to your PLC. I have worked on several and we use this arrangement to talk to 12 Modicon PLC's at the same time with no problem.

E-mail Me at [email protected] if I can help further.

Fred Grimes