984 LL & IEC language

A

Anonymous

I received an application program for Quantum PLC 140 CPU 113 02 written in FBD. The PLC received i.e, 113 02 do not support FBD. It only support 984 LL. May somebody guide me the easy way to translate the program written in FBD to 984 LL ?

F

Frank Prendergast

The 11302 controller does support IEC programming.
You need to flash a new exec in the controller and then you will be able to download your IEC only program.
Any additional questions call Schneider Electric Technical Support.

B
There is NO way to automatically convert a program from IEC FB programming to a 984LL program.

The Quantum 113-02 processor does support IEC programming. This is accomplished by loading the proper executive firmware into the PLC and using Concept software.

G

Gijsbert-Jan Welp

> >I tried to download QIECV222.bin, but the transfer failed. What should I do now ? <

First of all you do not state what software you use. It has to be Concept in order to program with the IEC language FBD.
Then you should have asked on which version Concept the application was made. I hope they gave you an so called ASCII file from the original project.
If you have Concept and it has at least the same or a higher version than with which the application was made you should be able to recrete the project from the ASCII file. Then you need to flash the controller with correct exec. Best to use a so called stripped version. IMPORTANT: You need to flash the controller with an exec that goes with the version of Concept you use. Check this in the INFOSRxE.DOC file in the Concept directory if you have V2.2 or V2.5. With other verions there should also be some readme file with the exec info but can't remember their names at this time.
And then you need to use the EXEC loader (easiest program to use) to download this exec to the controller. If done with succes you can download application using Concept.
Visit the website of modicon to find more info about Exec's and loader. (www.modicon.com)

Hope this helps

Regards

Gijsbert-Jan Welp
Technical Support Automation
Schneider Electric Netherlands