AREVA P series protection relays

A

Anonymous

I am using P series relays of AREVA for my substation automation. Some of the relays are having I-Rig B time stamp port for using I-RIG B. I can use it for synchrnise all relays at a common time but some of the relays are not having it. Is there any way to synchrize all relays without use of I-rig B?

J
Hi,
You can synchronize the relays using the communication port, P-series support either Modbus/Courier/IEC-103 protocols. Last two protocols have standard messages for Time Synchronization and for Modbus, Areva provides a
custom format using which the time can be set.

Thanks,

Jose Thomas,
Kalki Communication Technologies Private Limited
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.kalkitech.com
Phone : 91-80-2572 1263/91-80-2572 1264 (Extn 209)
: 91-80-2572 5501/91-80-2572 5498
: 91-80-5110 8310/91-80-5110 8362
Fax : 91-80-2572 5473

Dear Mr.Jose Thomas,
Thank you for your guidance. I tried time synchronisation using modbus protocol throgugh RS485 port given in the relay. All data I am able to read from relay including time registers but I am not able to write on time registers.
On/Off command is working if i write on a particular registers. I tried to write time registers using OPC server for modbus.
can you give any idea why time registers are not accepting values?

J
It is an 8 byte (4 word) information using which you can set the time. Please refer Areva's Modbus communication manual for the exact details.

Thanks,
Jose Thomas

Can anybody handling Areva numerical relays will be able to guide why in Busbar protection scheme while selecting we need to know the X/R ratio if the Vk/Vp factor is less than 4?

Yes it is...
Time registers are available in page 4h of the modbus map. I am using Kepserver OPC driver for reading and writing data from relay p127. I am able to read data from various register.

I am trying to write data on 0400,0401,0402 and 0403 registers by using writing function code i.e. By using addressing format 401024 to 401028. With this i am not able to write data.
Other data are possible to write in the same relay with this method. For example i can give tripping command or closing comnand to relay from OPC server. I am facing problem to write values on 401024 to 401028 addresses.

G
I think the x/r ratio has a relation to magnetising inrush current. So knee voltage must be very high. I will get back to you on this after a while.

My e-mail is georgekuttykam at gmail. com

R

Ricardo Damm Coelho

> I am trying to write data on 0400,0401,0402 and 0403 registers by using writing function code i.e. By using addressing format 401024 to 401028. With this i am not able to write data.

> Other data are possible to write in the same relay with this method. For example i can give tripping command or closing comnand to relay from OPC server. I am facing problem to write values on 401024 to 401028 addresses. >

Hi I´m facing exactly the same problem. Did you solve it? And if so, do you remember how?? Thanks!!

Kind regards

M

Milind Mulay

- X/R ratio is an indication of how fast "DC Component" in the system decays. For higher X/R ratio, DC component decays slowly. Due to presence of DC component, the CTs used for Busbar Differential protection will saturate fast.Hence while calculating Vk for CTs of Busbar Diff. protection, X/R ratio shall be considered.

Milind M