Auma Actuators "Blowing Up"?

I've recently had an issue with five (so far) Auma actuators shorting out through the solid state starter on power up. These are new actuators, but all five had previously been powered up and tested. During the course of our start up, power was turned off to each actuator at the local disconnect. When power was turned back on at the local disconnect, a loud pop was heard inside the actuator and the main breaker feeding the actuator tripped. With four of the five, this happened immediately on power up. With the fifth actuator, this happened about a minute after the disconnect was flipped on, right at the end of the actuator's power-up sequence.

In the image, you can see that there are visible burn marks on L1 and L3 and the line side connector was blown off the starter. My theory is that during power up, perhaps the actuator's electronics try to open and close at the same time, and the starter's reversing interlock failed. That's the only thing I can think of. Has anyone else out there seen this before?

auma.jpg

much more information is needed for assistance.
If you don't give much information, you get many questions to answer.

I'm -assuming- you connected everything ok. Judging from the picture it is -very- easy to swap the power supply and outcoming connectors..........

do you have a sketch or schematic?
do you have a link to the motor reversing starter with info/manual?
a pop sometimes means popping capacitors that have dried out or a too high voltage on them
Your Auma actuators (which were new) were ok. How did you verify they are ok? Connecting them to 400V 3 phase?

Was the reversing motor starter new?
Why did you connect new Auma actuators to it? Was the reversing motor starter not broken in the first place and the cause you had to install new Auto actuators?

You are using 3 phases of 400V right? R, S and T
Do you think two (or 3) of the phases have been connected together?

In what condition did it work before this happens?
With with actuator and with which reversing starter?

Were the actuators mechanically blocked?

Did it work before with the equipment that you are using now?

much more information is needed for assistance.
If you don't give much information, you get many questions to answer.

I'm -assuming- you connected everything ok. Judging from the picture it is -very- easy to swap the power supply and outcoming connectors..........

do you have a sketch or schematic?
do you have a link to the motor reversing starter with info/manual?
a pop sometimes means popping capacitors that have dried out or a too high voltage on them
Your Auma actuators (which were new) were ok. How did you verify they are ok? Connecting them to 400V 3 phase?

Was the reversing motor starter new?
Why did you connect new Auma actuators to it? Was the reversing motor starter not broken in the first place and the cause you had to install new Auto actuators?

You are using 3 phases of 400V right? R, S and T
Do you think two (or 3) of the phases have been connected together?

In what condition did it work before this happens?
With with actuator and with which reversing starter?

Were the actuators mechanically blocked?

Did it work before with the equipment that you are using now?
I'm not looking for troubleshooting help. Thank you though. I'm just looking to see if anyone else has had this experience with Auma actuators.