Build an OPC Alarms and Events client in VB

U

Urban J.

Hi.
I want to build an OPC alarms and events client in VB. But I don´t know where to begin. I have build DA clients with the wrapper before but never an AE client
Is there anyone out there that can help me, or have a good link were I can find information.

regards

//Urban

Hi again. Thanks for your time CJ and Frank.

But, I wounder if the is anyone who can give me information how to build a connection between an AE server and my VB program with code and not with any 'tool'.

Regards

//Urban

F

Frank Iwanitz

Hi,

I think there is no other way then using a "tool".
The Automation wrapper for AE has not been released (and will not be released in the future).
Custom interfaces can not be directly accessed from VB.

Regards,

Frank

P

Paal Aaserud

I have modified the AE wrapper source code (was very buggy) from OPC foudation to serve my needs in VB, it's not a complete implementation of the OPC AE specification, but you can view Simple, Tracking and Condtion based alarms and acknowledge alarms. However there may still be bugs in it and I don't have capacity to fix them right now.

Regards Paal Aaserud

P

Paal Aaserud

Sorry for the late reply, I can send you the demo version of the wrapper I have so far.

For commercial use I will ask for a shareware fee, to finance the maintenance and further development of the wrapper. I hope there will be more like you out there who are willing to support me on this, since the alternative is custom controls or heavy C++ programming.

It also works fine in .NET and in ASP web pages

Best regards
Paal Aaserud