citect hmi with abb

Maybe you could be a bit more specific ?

Since its an AC800C which is no longer a released product you are presumably running Control Builder 3.2/16 and a standalone OPC server install? The OPC server is updated automatically when the controller is downloaded.

What is your problem ?

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz

dear mr rob,

i agree with u that the AC 800 c is no more available but I got enough units (Processors & I/O s) with me I got both processors and HMI licenses with me.

Problem: I am not able to find suitable I/O device in Citect HMI.And I do not know the procedure how to access data from the AC800M/C OPC from Citect. I got AC800M/C OPC communication established with the Processor but not able to view the data variables. can u please help in this regard, u may please suggest solution with OPC and without also.

OK, so this is a citect OPC problem.

Have you confirmed that you can connect to the OPC server from the citect computer? Use a simple OPC client - matrikon OPC explorer will work. Make sure that you can read something - it doesn't matter what.

If you can't connect or read any data at all, check the windows event log for DCOM errors and work from there. Connecting is much easier if the OPC server and the third party client (ie Citect) are on the same computer.

Once you've got that working you will need to browse through the OPC server and decide which tags you need from the ABB function blocks.

You will probably find that there are a LOT of tags in the ABB control application and you will not want to upload them all. Also, uploading them all may take quite a long time as some older versions of the ABB OPC server have a 500ms pause on adding each item.

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz