Communicating with STN Atlas Geamar 120ISL/Lyngsoe Marine

S

simpa

Hello,

I'm looking for some assistance to be able to communicate with a control system built in 1999. I would want to be able to read the status of the different I/Os on the PLCs and send commands back to the PLCs, close to building a new SCADA interface. The system is from STN Atlas and Lyngsoe Marine.

The control system itself is Geamar 120ISL from STN Atlas. From what I understand the SCADA system that is used is called IGSS and the application the user works in is EAD (Extended Alarm Display), this part is delivered from Lyngsoe Marine. The communication between the Operator Workstations (normal PC with Windows 95) and the Process Monitoring and Control Stations (the Geamar 120ISL system) is done via a Dual Stella Net PC-card. There are also some System Operator Panels that communicate via RS485.

In the PMCS cabinets where the PLC modules are located there are for example the following modules:
MIC 40 ADAPTER MAM 401
DUAL SERIAL INTERFACE MODULE SIM 401
DUAL SYSTEM BUS MODULE SAM 401
GAMMA MICRO CPU MODULE ZM 411
And different I/O modules

I have some pictures of the system and some of the drawing here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19AxrEshYkthckdAGJ5EJPNYDRqbVh6BB

I understand this might be difficult to get help with and ideally a person that has previous experience with this system might be needed. But perhaps someone here can be of help with what kind of hardware would be needed and how it could be set up to communicate with the Geamar 120ISL system.

Communication should be possible either over the Panel net or over the system net. The panel net i know uses RS485 but i do not know what the system net uses. Perhaps someone can tell from the pictures. Could it be possible to set up some equipment to listen to the commands sent over either the system net or the panel net? Perhaps some other ideas how to approach this problem?