Controlling HP34401A Digital multimeter through RS232

A

Arnab Banerjee

Dear friends and Respected Seniors,

I am doing a project where I have to control HP34401A DMM through computer using RS232 communication. Programming language is C. Now I need to write a program which will perform the following instructions
1. Set the BAUD RATE to 9600
2. Set no Parity
3. Set 8 data bits
4. 1 start bit
5. 2 stop bits

First step I should be able to read the voltage on HP 34401A DMM through computer.

I am in urgent need of this program and will be very glad if some1 forwards it to me in my email. I don't need the entire program, but just a part of a program (Which header files and functions should be used, if Linux is the operating mode etc.) that will help me to set these parameters.

After that I will be programming SCPI commands and with the help of that I can finish my project!

looking forward for your help! thanking u all.

Regards,
Arnab

H

Horacio Salva

Dear Arnab:
In this days I am trying to take measurements from the HP34401A via RS232 in C languaje. I could sent comands of configurations (REM, LOC, CONF:VOLT:AC) but I coul not take the data after the measurement (MEAS:VOLT:AC?). Could you managed to do that?. IF so, please send me an example program. Thanks in advance.
Horacio Salva

Dear friends and Respected Seniors,

I am doing a project where I have to control HP34401A DMM through computer using RS232 communication. Programming language is C. Now I need to write a program which will perform the following instructions
1. Set the BAUD RATE to 9600
2. Set no Parity
3. Set 8 data bits
4. 1 start bit
5. 2 stop bits

First step I should be able to read the voltage on HP 34401A DMM through computer.

I am in urgent need of this program and will be very glad if some1 forwards it to me in my email. I don't need the entire program, but just a part of a program (Which header files and functions should be used, if Linux is the operating mode etc.) that will help me to set these parameters.

After that I will be programming SCPI commands and with the help of that I can finish my project!

looking forward for your help! thanking u all.

Regards,
Arnab
Hello. I need to work with the HP34401A multimeter using python through window10. RS232 is the connector. Can you please send me the programme you used on that time. Thank you,

Debasish Parida