decode dtmf thru pc

C

Chris Wan

is there any possible way that i could decode dtmf tones using VB6/VB.NET?? This is to get the dtmf thru a phone line and be decoded on the pc and the code would then run certain home automation via pc. Are there any books/source codes where i could get some basic idea? Thanks for the help guys.

R

Robert Scott

I don't know about VB, but I have written an application in C/Win32 that does just that. My purpose was to create a call log to troubleshoot a discrepency between with the phone company over what calls were made.

Basically, you sample the sound through your sound card using the low-level sound API. Gather these samles into packets of 2048 samples at 22050 samples per second. Perform and FFT on each packet, and search each FFT for peaks corresponding to the DTMF tones. About the hardest part of the job is discriminating between DTMF tones and random audio. I used a quality factor based on how much energy was present outside of the detected DTMF tones.

Hi:

I am not a developer but interested in DTMF decoding software. I really appreciate if you can send me a copy of the software you wrote. I am using Windows XP Pro.

Thanks.

I would really be interested in the same program.
I am also running XP and would be intereste in the C program or even some VB code that would show how to to decode DTMF. Can you send me a copy, or forward this to the author ?
Thank you

I would really be interested in the same program.
I am also running XP and would be intereste in the C program or even some VB code that would show how to to decode DTMF. Could you send me a copy of your program, or some sample code that I could learn with ( I'm a new-be, wana-be programer)
Thank you
Ed

M

michael genner

I was very interested to see that you have written a programme to decode dtmf tones. I would be interested to receive a copy of the programme as i am trying to use tones i send to my pc to control devices.
Thankyou

Great Work!!!!

I have been looking for same for a long time. Could you please please please email me the code?

I work on Windows XP and currently using Visual C++ 6.

Compuboy

A

Andile Dlamini

Hi

My name is Andile Dlamini, I'm a student at the University of Natal, Durban, South Africa.

I am not a developer but interested in DTMF decoding software. I really appreciate if you can send me a copy of the software you wrote. I am using Windows XP Pro.

i want to use the programme using the AVR MCU. Can you please give me an algorithm (flowcharts) that i can follow to create this software?

Thanks.

i have just been connected to the net today so i am pretty new to all this. i am wondering if you managed to get the software you were asking for DTMF decoder? if yes would it be possible for you to send me a copy i would be grateful if you could.

Bill

Hi,

Im a developer, I really appreciate if you can send me a copy of the software you wrote. I am using Windows 98

Thank you

Ram

Hi!

I would like to use your code, but over WinCE, could you please send me a copy of the C source code?

thanks

Mary

Hi,

Can you send me a copy of your software? Any reference or application notes?

I wanted to implement the DTMF decoder on AVR micro controller as well.

Rgs,
Pok