Discrete addressing control logix to pv1000

B

busy_at_work

I am having a difficult time figuring out the addressing format of the Panelbulider tag from the PV to the Control Logix controller.

Every format I use returns "Error (9075) - [Tag: test1] Tag does not have a valid address in the terminals assigned Discrete Rack or Block Transfer Channels."

I understand there is a way to use discrete addressing instead of block xfers, but everything I find on-line dosen't help me.

I'm about 3 brain cells short already, so it's a good bet I've just missed it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks from Tennessee.

T

Trevor Ousey \(lists\)

Using the RIO option for a Panelview is not ideal, I tend to avoid it where I can.

With the units I did some time back I had set the PV550's comm. setup for a PLC5/40 instead of a ControlLogix, not sure why but I think I may have been having problems if it was set to something other than a PLC5. Anyway, set the PV as Rack x (if it is a PLC5 setup it will need to be 1 or higher), and tick the module/groups you are using and this will setup the size of the logical rack. If it is set as Rack 1 and you have it set as a full rack, the addressing in the Panelview will be i:10/0 to i:17/17 (or i:17/15 if you are using SLC), outputs o:10/0 to o:17/17.

In the CLX IO tree, you will need to add RIO-Adapter to the DHRIO module set with the Rack and starting group set in the PV. Then add a RIO-Module Generic on the adapter and set this to the RIO setting in the PV.

If the RIO-Adapter is named RIO_Rack1 in the CLX, and you have a push button in the PV writing to I:10/1 this will be RIO_Rack1:I.Data[0].1

Regards,

Trevor Ousey
BJH Controls P/L
Mt. Gambier, South Australia.