Error Handeling when RSLINX connection is lost

L

Lonnie

Thanks Reza Hasseli and others for your good questions and answers. I stumbled upon this site by accident and have picked up a lot of information. Now I have some more.

Number1
Using VB I am trying to read the information from aa PLC using an RSlinx object. I can do this with no problem when I do it at runtime ".exe" . Do the server, and opcgroup objects have "something" I can capture when the network get's connected. I'm using RSLINX 2.0

Number 2
I have both VB5 and VB6. When I try to run my RSLINX application in VB5 or VB6 IDE I get an runtime error 429 Active X Component cannot create object. However if I run my application from a VB5 executable, the application runs fine.

Lonnie

J

Julio Delgado

Hi Lonnie:

I am surprise that your application is working because I think that you need to get RSLinx 2.10 or higher to get OPC Automation Support from RSLinxs.

I have done some ActiveX controls to interface to an OPC Server RSLinx and Applicom. I foung a Word document at the www.opcfoundation.org the document name is opcda20_auto.doc . It explain all the objects available on the OPC Automation Interface 2.02. I think you have to go to the download page then click on specs fill a form and you will see all the doc available. Another great souce of information is http://www.opc.dial.pipex.com

I hope this helps.

Julio

Thanks Julio,
It's weird, but the application works fine in the runtime mode when a make file is made under VB5.
I will look at the links you pointed out and see if there are some clues there. Thanks!.