fisher pcv installed in petrol road loading line

Good evening/day
kindly refer to attached picture to easily relate
i have pcv's installed in petrol loading line in a terminal, all ULP product pcv's they started leaking on pilot valves and they are still new, kindly advise what is the cause, and what might be wrong and i am struggling to secure spares, Emmerson South Africa taking long and they said 24 weeks to wait and have massive number of trucks loading daily and this thing is pissing ,
i have never open or fixed one , so i am trying to gather information so that when i make a move i will make change, because it will bring production at stand still and its now worse with respect to temperature rising there is increase risk of fore,
the attached picture is the same part number i have on ground, its leaking in the vent plug

22.jpg

Here is CO's pdf with an arrow showing the direction of flow. Make sure the flow is aligned with the arrow tag on the valve
[/QUOTE
Dave,
check the attached clips from the equipment specs, the installation is fine and sound but question mark remains on the equipment selection?? because the diesel lines only samson pcv's were used and there is no problems with those

Attachments

Good evening/day
kindly refer to attached picture to easily relate
i have pcv's installed in petrol loading line in a terminal, all ULP product pcv's they started leaking on pilot valves and they are still new, kindly advise what is the cause, and what might be wrong and i am struggling to secure spares, Emmerson South Africa taking long and they said 24 weeks to wait and have massive number of trucks loading daily and this thing is pissing ,
i have never open or fixed one , so i am trying to gather information so that when i make a move i will make change, because it will bring production at stand still and its now worse with respect to temperature rising there is increase risk of fore,
the attached picture is the same part number i have on ground, its leaking in the vent plug

View attachment 1576
Were all your valve working fine in the beginning? Generally an arrangement for venting is provided to protect from overpressure..if your valve is not moving at all..or if there is too much backpressure then this happens.

Were all your valve working fine in the beginning? Generally an arrangement for venting is provided to protect from overpressure. If your valve is not moving at all. Or if there is too much backpressure then this happens.
yes at a given time it was working well and it stated this behavior , all the petrol pcv they are behaving the same, even the ones which work once in a blue moon like tank to tank transfer, tank circulation, and this ones for road loading ulp 93 and ulp 95, so i just wanna clear the behaviour part

The diagram below from an Emerson valve document,
link
for a 6352 or 6353 regulator installation shows that 'bottom side' of the regulator diaphragm (or the left side in this particular illustration) is at atmospheric pressure.

Types 6352, 6353 atmospheric pressure at the removable vent - edit.JPG

If the removeable vent is leaking fuel, then the diaphragm is damaged or ruptured. Is this an issue of materials compatibility?

Over pressure relief is supposed to be vented downstream through the 'screw-in bleed restriction' shown with the illustration below.

downstream bleed restriction.JPG

Is this PCV used in TTLR ( Tank Truck Loading Rack) for each meter run?

Over here most of the oil terminals deploy FMC (formerly known as Smith Meters) electronic preset with 210 Digital FCV for truck loading application, it's 210 valve is a self contained, product actuated diaphragm valve, consist of in line venting, thermal relief feature.

Prematured leaking of valve most likely caused by incompatibility of elastomer materials with respect to base products as well as "additives".

FMC 200 series valve has several pilot options to configured for pressure regulating, back pressure controls, flow regulating and other functions.

I am not here to promote their products, just like to share my past experience in TTLR application.