Gas Turbine / Siemens or GE

Hi,
As you know there are many gas turbines out there in particular at oil fields. Sometimes it is Siemens, in other places these is GE.
What could be the best choice between Power Generators?
Can a gas turbine be transformed from Siemens to GE and verse versa?

thanks

Hi

I would say that Siemens and GE are both good units for power generation
Also Mitsubishi can do the work!

Anyway i think that you should study with frame unit are you intending to install like frame F for GE

DLN units are sensible to tune

There are others parameters like Contract service agreement to take in account

Regards,
James

I'm not quite sure I understand "The [second] Question." What exactly do you mean when you say, "Can a gas turbine be transformed from Siemens to GE and verse versa?"

These are multi-million dollar machines (both OEMs). The have special installation requirements, different auxiliaries. They are very different machines--except that they both suck, squeeze, burn and blow (draw air into the axial compressor, compress the air, add fuel to the compressed air and combust the fuel, and exhaust hot gases (some directly to the atmosphere, others into an HRSG (Heat Recovery Steam Generator (boiler)). The OEMs have some very similar--and VERY different--contractual support, and even legal requirements for some machines. In the end, they produce torque to drive generators to produce electricity, but they both do it pretty differently. Different machine designs; different starting means (sometimes); different support and spare parts requirements.

As far as Question #1, they are both reliable and mostly robust designs and machines (including the generators). (Remember, the turbine and all its auxiliaries (fuel supply; Lube Oil; hydraulic systems; combustion systems; compartment cooling and ventilation; fire detection and protection; etc.) are only producing torque to apply to the generator rotor for the generator to convert to amperes.) People base their choice of "best power generator" on many, Many, MANY different criteria. And many people think that the OEM they started working on first is the best. Full stop. Period. (They've had to learn the machine's idiosyncrasies, it's control system, its systems and auxiliaries--and in the process they become biased. Others have a like or dislike for the parts and/or service organization of one manufacturer over another.) It's a lot of things, not just one or two.

But mostly IF you could sit down with someone to discuss this topic you might find, again, one's choice of best boils down to what they're most familiar with about a machine that makes them choose one over the other. AND, you will find many people have little or no actual experience with the other manufacturer's machine(s), but they have a LOT of hearsay and anecdotal information (maybe) about the other manufacturer's machine(s) they will pass off as personal experience.

If you meant something different, please let us know.