Will this software continue to work with Windows 2000 or have they
released a newer version of software?

Thanks,

Dave

K

Kassarjian, Steve

Yes and yes.

LM-90 works fine under Windows 2000.

However, it doesn't have many of the features in VersaPro, let alone Cimplicity Machine Edition. While Machine Edition is notable superior to VersaPro in a number of ways, printing is not one of them. The printing in v3.0 is almost tolerable, yet a marked improvement over earlier versions. I'm told that v4.0 has "fixed" the printing problems.

The one significant advantage of VersaPro over Machine Edition is that the Max-ON hot standby CPU software does not work with Machine Edition. You must create the project in VersaPro, although afterwards revisions to the
ladder logic can be done in Machine Edition.

The one advantage of LM-90 is that it doesn't have the soft-key registration hurdles.

P

Piotr Kowalski

Newer Windows based software they released is VersaPRO or Cimplicity. On W2K I am using Logicmaster 90-30 TCP/IP with no problem.

Regards

T

Thomas Hergenhahn

I cannot guarentee that it will work in win 2000, but it did in NT4.0s DOS Box and in DosEmu under LINUX. So, chances are very good that it will.

For newer software, have a look at http://www.gefanuc.com

S

Steve Bailey

I'm successfully running LM90 under NT4.0 SP6. I believe people are running it under W2K, although GE Fanuc does not officially support it.

There is new software called Cimplicity Machine Edition, Logic Developer. CME is sold with a bewildering array of options for programming different models of PLCs, HMIs, motion controllers, and PC control engines.

For programming the 90-30 and the VersaMax line, you want part number BC646MPS001. That will allow you to program the 90-30, VersaMax, VersaMax Micro and VersaMax Nano products. It will not program the 90-70 or the new PAC series controllers.

You can import LM90 folders into CME.

J

Joel Goldsney

I believe that there is a new version of LM90 that will run on Win2K try contacting their tech support hotline at 1-800-GEFANUC

H

Hurd, David L \(GECP, MABG, 053698\)

Dave,

Try the following GE Fanuc site and download the patch that includes the "special 2" patch for 90-30. It only works with version 9.05. This site also includes the "special 3" patch which works with version 7.05 of LM-70.

Hope this helps,
Dave Hurd

http://www.gefanuc.com/support/plc/f-lm90.htm

G

Gabriele Corrieri

Hi Dave,

I've used LogicMaster 9030 9.05 for some experiments with good result under W2K.

Best Regards

Gabriele Corrieri

I have Logicmaster 90-30 Version 9.02 running on my Windows 2000 SP3 PC with no problem. I'm not sure about the latest versions. I heard they came up with a Version 9.05.

N
They have released a version that will work under NT4 but not W2K. You could aslo use Versapro but that has now been superceded by Cimplicity Machine Edition.

P
Dave,

Lm90 can be used with on windows 2000 but some patch is available for the same, which has to be loaded in the PC

Regards
Pravin Rao