GE Faunuc 9030 PLC question

S

Shiwu

I have a question about GE Faunuc 9030 PLC register. For example, register R1000=x, and I want to use register Rx in my program. How can I do that? Thanks.

I am not sure you are facing a specific problem or just that you are not sure of the 9030 data naming.

Read the PLC CPU Instruction Set Reference Manual from the documentation. GEF references are prefixed by % followed by a char indicating the ref. type. Eg %R=internal register(16 bit), %M internal bit, %AI=analog input register read from AI card, %I=dig. in.

You can check or manipulate %R by any block for registers. Eg. MOV to move an integer from one %R to another, GT block for 'greater than' comparison between one %R and another etc.

Hope it helps

S

Steve Myres, PE

No, he wants to do indirect addressing where the register location of a parameter for an operation is determined by the contents of another register. (AB equivalent N15:[N7:0]). I don't know if the 9030s can do this or not.

If they don't have that capability, some of the same problems can be solved using what AB calls "indexed addressing" (such as #N7:0) where a fixed offset is added to each address so designated.