Gross and standard volume

Hello everyone,
I would ask some thing about the volume, my question is what is the difference between the gross volume and the standard volume and how to determine the standard volume, also we need the formula to determine it

Many thanks

Laid86...
From Google: "Cargo Calculations – Tanker Work"

1) NSV, Net Standard Volume, is the volume of oil excluding total water and total sediment, calculated at standard conditions eg 15 deg C or 60 deg F and 1013.25 hPa.

2) TCV, Total Calculated Volume, is the gross standard volume plus the free water measured at the temperature & pressure prevailing.

Regards, Phil Corso

Phil Corso,

Thanks for your reply, so the standard volume is the volume at 15°C and 1,013 bar,
I have another question for more help, I need the correction expression to get this volume at the standard condition,

Many thanks..
Laid86

Laid86...
I'm no longer associated with the Oil/Gas Industry but instead very involved with LNG ENERGY ! Here's why,
The combustion of natural gas does not emit soot, dust or fumes. It generates 30% less carbon dioxide (CO2) than fuel oil and 45% less than coal, with a two fold reduction in nitrogen oxide (N0x) emissions and almost no environmentally-damaging sulphur dioxide (SO2) emission. (The LNG projec
t actually began in 1943) !

That said... on to your project ! I suggest you purchase the following Research Paper which details the problem very well:
"Oil Losses Problem in Oil and Gas Industries"
Produced by: Yulius Deddy Hermawan, Dedy Kristanto, and Hariyadi !
Submitted: February 6th, 2021 Reviewed: April 2nd, 2021 Published: June 4th, 2021 !
Regards Phil Corso

For moving from TOV (Total Observed Volume) to NSV (Net Standard Volume) you have to apply several corrections. For a flow measurement the most important ones are the API or OIML or ISO Standards related to volume conversions of various hydrocarbons at specified T and P. Below the most used API conversion tables
1656057755564.png

Luca R

Thanks for your reply,
I will be appreciated if you to refer me to standard that used for hydrocarbures correction volume
Thank you again,

Laid86