Having trouble establishing communication with a Yaskawa SGDA-08AS (servopack not found error)

Hi Group,

I have a Yaskawa SGDA-08AS Servopack that I am trying to use to control a Yaskawa SGM-08A314SP servo motor. I am trying to establish communication between my PC and the Servopack using the Sigmawin+ 5.75 software. I am using a USB to RS-422 communication cable between the PC and the Servopack. It seems that no matter what I do I get the "servopack not found" message. I have double checked my port settings (baud: 9600, data: 7 bit, parity: even, stop: 1 bit, XON/XOFF: none) and currently do not have the CN1, CN2, or motor cables hooked up. I just 110VAC power to the drive and the operator communication cable. 1 thing I have noted is the alarm led comes on along with power led, I do not know if this is normal or not. Is there something obvious that I am missing or a little known setting I cannot find? Any insight into this issue is sincerely appreciated and if there is any other info that is needed please let me know. Thank you all in advance for your time.

I also have no experience with these products, but the time I was involved with Rockwell motion controllers was a fast learning curve. The controller would sit there and do absolutely nothing (no error codes) because the motors weren’t connected and the proximity switches addressed in software were not wired.

I also have no experience with these products, but the time I was involved with Rockwell motion controllers was a fast learning curve. The controller would sit there and do absolutely nothing (no error codes) because the motors weren’t connected and the proximity switches addressed in software were not wired.
I am starting to think that I have a couple IO pins that need to be activated to be able to establish communication as well as I was able to get the alarm light off by supplying power to piuns 34 and 35.