Help improving a product

Hello everyone,

I work for an integration software company. Our flagship product is a middleware that allows anyone with SQL knowledge to develop powerful integrations themselves using our pre-built connectors (to Salesforce, Dynamics, SharePoint, Quickbooks, etc). These integrations can be done from any custom software, in any programming language.

Three years ago, the company developed an OPC UA connector. This means that the flagship product can be used as an OPC UA Client, with powerful and easy to use integration capabilities.

I joined the company 6 months ago, tasked with improving and selling the product (up until now we had two trials that led to nowhere). I made some necessary QoL changes, but I still can't seem to get this off the ground.

I have contacted a lot of people, and although they find the idea appealing, they don't want to take a trial, and I can't seem to get the feedback I want to improve the product.

I would like to know if any of you could take some time to talk to me over a video call so I could show you what I have and you could provide me your feedback.

I hope this doesn't go against the rules. If it does and someone could point me to other communities (forums, groups, hell, even Facebook pages) where I could talk to people from the automation industry, I'd be very, very grateful!

Thanks everyone in advance!

You appear to have a part product, and that seems to be a hard sell.
I’m not a SQL expert so have little interest in what you have.

If I did have an application, I would code the software in house for commercial reasons.
It appears you have a ‘product’ looking for a market instead of the other way round.

You appear to have a part product, and that seems to be a hard sell.
I’m not a SQL expert so have little interest in what you have.

If I did have an application, I would code the software in house for commercial reasons.
It appears you have a ‘product’ looking for a market instead of the other way round.
Hello oneye14!

Thanks so much for your reply!

Yeah, "It appears you have a ‘product’ looking for a market instead of the other way round." is my opinion as well. Not the best starting point, and totally not the way innovation should be done, but it's what I will have to work with and find a solution to!

We have a Blockchain sealing solution, for documents that exist on your Document Management System (DMS). I am thinking of using the connector to create automatic machine logs on the DMS and then seal them using Blockchain technology to prove that no one tampered with them. Could you give me your opinion on this?

Thanks in advance!