HMI Problem in Centum VP Operator stations

We were using Dell OptiPlex5040 systems as our Operator stations. But two of the operator stations started giving problems i.e., HMI of the stations got used to hang during operation, sometimes leaving trails behind (Ghosting) and even sometimes operator stations also hanged during operation. So, we replaced that two operator stations with OptiPlex 7040 series desktops. But the issues are still present.
What could be the potential cause of problem? Suggest some solution of the problem.
Graphics cards are not being used in the systems. Operating system is Windows 7.

that's why I don't use windows for HMI/SCADA, it is not stable and changes itself with every update. I prefer Pro-face touchpanels running WxWorks/Windriver RTOS. That never hangs itself up and keeps on running.
Problem with windows 10 is, that drivers get screwed up each time a new update comes.....it you only use the ethernet for communication you get away with that, but not if you use dedicated communication cards.......

I would assume you are running R5.40.20 or some R5.XX. Make sure you have at least 8GB of RAM. Also, that model of desktop is not YOKOGAWA approved. They do sell their own DELL customized models. I'm pretty sure you have some sort of memory leak as Windows out of the box does not work well and needs to be "tuned" or customized to run YOKOGAWA.

Seen that problem. Its a R5/Win7 combination effort. Even occurred on Yokogawa supplied hardware. This is a Windows driver issue. As @hatena285 says its non approved hardware and likely to be an untested windows release as well. you will need to find alternate windows graphic drivers and try them.

No brother, we are using Centum VP R4.02.00.

I would assume you are running R5.40.20 or some R5.XX. Make sure you have at least 8GB of RAM. Also, that model of desktop is not YOKOGAWA approved. They do sell their own DELL customized models. I'm pretty sure you have some sort of memory leak as Windows out of the box does not work well and needs to be "tuned" or customized to run YOKOGAWA.
@hatena285 brother, it is Centum VP R4.02.00

Seen that problem. Its a R5/Win7 combination effort. Even occurred on Yokogawa supplied hardware. This is a Windows driver issue. As @hatena285 says its non approved hardware and likely to be an untested windows release as well. you will need to find alternate windows graphic drivers and try them.
@rtuorme you mean that I should use graphics card for it ??

@rtuorme you mean that I should use graphics card for it ??
You said in the OP "stations started giving problems". Go back and look at what changed, did you do any patching for wither windows, Dell or yokogawa? did someone change the pc display resolution and hence upset the rendering of compiled graphics. Check the windows update logs on the HIS to corelate any changes to the problem report.

Find the right graphic drivers for the pc, save them to the HIS. Uninstall the windows driver and install the new ones. see how that goes. Having said that you might have to search a bit. If you are using R4.02 then you are most likely running WinXP or Vista from back in 2015. For R4 the recommended hardware was HPxw6600 with optional Nvidia Quadro FX370. you could also use Dell T3400 or T3500 with Nvidia cards but whatever was used the graphic drivers needed to be changed to work with nicely with R4.

You said in the OP "stations started giving problems". Go back and look at what changed, did you do any patching for wither windows, Dell or yokogawa? did someone change the pc display resolution and hence upset the rendering of compiled graphics. Check the windows update logs on the HIS to corelate any changes to the problem report.

Find the right graphic drivers for the pc, save them to the HIS. Uninstall the windows driver and install the new ones. see how that goes. Having said that you might have to search a bit. If you are using R4.02 then you are most likely running WinXP or Vista from back in 2015. For R4 the recommended hardware was HPxw6600 with optional Nvidia Quadro FX370. you could also use Dell T3400 or T3500 with Nvidia cards but whatever was used the graphic drivers needed to be changed to work with nicely with R4.
@rtuorme Can you please suggest me some other models ? As I am thinking for ASUS ESC500 G4.

Hello i have a problemb with centum Vp and i would like to know if someone can help me. When i try to start the operation station i recibe 2 errors that says, "Illegal Exit Code. Please power off the computer." and "Can't start operation and monitoring functio. Stop test function." the thing is that the machine where we have the enginnering station with the screens is working properly, it only happens with the operator station. Can someone give me and idea about which is the problesm?
Thank you very much!

Illegal exit code
Sounds like your operator station is configured as an eng station. or do you have dual log in as engineer and operator? you can start/stop the function from the builder. there is a CLI command but I can't remember what it is. So go to builder on your operator station and find test menu. Then re login or reboot as operator. Test function is a licence enabled function so I would not have thought it would be installed on an operator HIS. If not fixed by start/stop, try using licence manager from engineering station and remove the test function licence from operator HIS.