How to find an IP address lost?

• Thread starter Fernando Capelari - Schneider Electric B
  • Start date
F

Fernando Capelari - Schneider Electric B

One is the bridge Ethernet/Modbus 174CEV30010 and the other is the TSX Micro Ethernet module TSXETZ510.

I know its MAC address and I need to know its IP address.

Is there any way to discover the lost IP address?

Any command that can search for the MAC and give us the correspondent IP?

I tried with a IP Network Browser from SolarWinds, but in that software you have to know the subnet address, and I do not have any idea of the subnet of its IP lost.

Thanks for any help!

J
You should be able to find the IP address of the 174CEV30010 by using hyperterminal on the serial port and the setup procedures outlined in the manual (hold down the X key and cycle power to the bridge).

I haven't used the TSXETZ510, but I think it also has a setup procedure through the serial port.

F

Frank Prendergast

Depending upon your network connection and device you have a couple of options.
1. If you connect directly into the module via a cross-over cable or a connect into a hub or Layer 2 network you might be able to statically assign
any IP address you want to it in the ARP cache. The same process that we use to setup our Modbus To Ethernet Bridges.
2. You can use a sniffer program ( Sniffer Pro, Basic, Etherpeek, or Ethereal) and see if the device is sending out any ARP's that would state its IP address.

Hope that helps.
Frank Prendergast
Systems and Programs Manager
Schneider Electric Services

E
You should be able to do an ARP command from your DOS command prompt.

ARP -a

This command should show you all of the IP addresses dynamically assigned to MAC ID's.

Eric Moore
[email protected]