IO packs of mark 6e (Discrete I/O)

ControlsGuy25,

I believe the original poster is referring to the little device that, in the second picture (the one with the printed circuit card) is immediately next to the RJ-45 connector and has the copper ends of coils showing. (Poor photos.)

That may be some kind of inductor or "choke"--BUT, I'm NO electronics component expert. Repairing some of these cards manufactured for GE can be difficult, at best. Many of these cards are multi-level (have several levels of traces in the thickness of the card) making hand soldering difficult without damaging traces. Not impossible, but difficult.

It should be possible (with better photographs) to find an electronics component supplier (such as RS) who can name the component. HOWEVER, as with most electronics, there can be many different ratings in the same size/shape/form, and the rating is most important when sourcing/purchasing the components. I would be surprised if, on another undamaged card, the manufacturer's identification/part number could not be found and used to source/purchase the necessary component.

ControlsGuy25,

I believe the original poster is referring to the little device that, in the second picture (the one with the printed circuit card) is immediately next to the RJ-45 connector and has the copper ends of coils showing. (Poor photos.)

That may be some kind of inductor or "choke"--BUT, I'm NO electronics component expert. Repairing some of these cards manufactured for GE can be difficult, at best. Many of these cards are multi-level (have several levels of traces in the thickness of the card) making hand soldering difficult without damaging traces. Not impossible, but difficult.

It should be possible (with better photographs) to find an electronics component supplier (such as RS) who can name the component. HOWEVER, as with most electronics, there can be many different ratings in the same size/shape/form, and the rating is most important when sourcing/purchasing the components. I would be surprised if, on another undamaged card, the manufacturer's identification/part number could be found and used to source/purchase the necessary component.
Very thanks

Yes its same as that one near rj45.
Some cards have carbonic shape insteed of coil
To try to dissolve such incertitude , did you ever have a look on drawing /schematic ??
I advise you to check with these documents to be sure 100%

As CSA said , in the second picture it looks like other choke or inductor in second picture.

EAK
Which card is in question here ? I can try to check on drawings that i got .

What you means by "repair card whitout device"??? thats not clear .....

Insteed of coil ?? you mean "instead " .

EAK,

How have you determined it's a "mini-fuse"? And, can you identify a component number that is visible in the picture with the RJ-45 connector in it? There are LOTS of graphics programs which have tools for circling or adding arrows to help identify or point out something specific in the picture. MS-Windows10 Snipping Tool has such capability. TechSmith Snagit is excellent; and one could even use MS-Paint. But, it's definitely not clear what component you are "holding" and which one it corresponds to in the photo.

Anyway, I don't have any schematics for Mark VIe cards; and I don't recommend trying to perform card repairs unless one has the tools and experience to work on multi-layer cards. And, if one has that experience, then one should be able to identify components.

I'm done with this thread.

I believe that is the T3 choke on the BPPC (used to be BPPB) communication boards for the I/O packs. Back in the olden days....~2010... there was a flaw with the choke and it would burn out and 'crash' the I/O packs. However, this was fixed in one of the BPPB revs. You can tell you have a Good board if the RJ-45 sockets are metal. However, your picture looks to be a BPPC board and the Choke was never an issue. My guess is that EAK is doing some replacement/fixing.

EAK, dont waste your time replacing that choke piece. It is already fixed in that revision.