Janitza digital input readout

Dear People,

i run a water sensor sending an impulse to a janitza umg 604 pro on one of its digital inputs.
The impulse gets collected when i readout the memory of the umg604pro by the gridvis software.

On the modbus adress table i only find this line
9976​
shortRD_DIGIN_STAT[1]

so this means i can only readout the stat of the impulse but not the amount of impulses the umg604 got
can anybody help me with that problem?

regards

I think your interpretation is correct. Modbus register 9976 displays the status of the "digital input", not a count of discrete pulses.

If you want the total number state changes or pulses on the digital input, you need a counter that will count those changes, not the real time status.

I searched the Modbus manual for the word 'counter' and did not find a counter for either digital input 1 or digital input 2.

However, there is a separate discrete input, the S0 input (letter S, numeral zero), for which there is a counter that has a Modbus register.

Check out the S0 counter Modbus registers
9963, S0 counter #1,
9965, S0 counter #2

I think your interpretation is correct. Modbus register 9976 displays the status of the "digital input", not a count of discrete pulses.

If you want the total number state changes or pulses on the digital input, you need a counter that will count those changes, not the real time status.

I searched the Modbus manual for the word 'counter' and did not find a counter for either digital input 1 or digital input 2.

However, there is a separate discrete input, the S0 input (letter S, numeral zero), for which there is a counter that has a Modbus register.

Check out the S0 counter Modbus registers
9963, S0 counter #1,
9965, S0 counter #2

Hey David,
thank you very much for the fast response.
We had the same idea.
Sadly only one of the counters is S0 valid.
Maybe the solution is another addon hardware.
Regards and take care