kepware and physical connection

A

Anonymous

I will be using kepware but are unsure about physical connection between 15 pin programming port and 9 pin serial pc port. Possible to pass some detail on regarding this?

> I will be using kepware but are unsure about physical connection between 15 pin
> programming port and 9 pin serial pc port. Possible to pass some detail on
>regarding this?

> You need to give details. 15 pin programming port on a what?

Some programming ports are RS-232, then all you need is to make a cable by taking pins 2 & 3 & 7.
If 15 pin is not you will need an adapter to convert whatever protocol to serial, (rs485, etc...)

S
That's like saying "I use premium unleaded gas in my car. Where is the hood release?"

Kepware is a software product and as such is concerned with comm protocols, not pin numbers.

The type port (RS232, 485, etc.,) is determined by the hardware you have (which information you didn't share with us), and that mfgr will have the docs that tell what kind of port it is electrically, and if RS232, what pins serve what functions and thus need to be connected to 2, 3, and 5 on the computer. (More likely than 2, 3, and 7 which is for 25-pins ports).

The only PLC's that I can think of off the top of my head that have normal density 15-pin ports are Koyo/ADC 405, which I think IS RS-232, and GE-Fanuc 90 Series, which is not (but can be converted with a simple converter you get from them and put on the end of your serial cable).

ADC/Koyo also uses the HD-15 connector like VGA, and those have multiple ports in them, both RS232 and 2- and 4-wire 485.