Mark V Voter Mismatch

J

Jcooper

I have been getting an occasional voter mismatch on FPRG_INT on <T> core. I caught it one time and looked at prevote data and <T> was 100% and <R> & <S> were like 65%. It did not cause a online trip or running trip but I sometimes get a SRV mismatch trip after the unit shuts down. Nothing is consistant. I have gone through <T> core with a tooth brush cleaning and checking connections and it seems to keep it from comming back for a couple of runs. I am on a 7EA single cycle peaker so I can get up to 4 starts a day. With runs of about 1 to 2 hrs each. I am thinking of replacing the TCEA just as a shot in the dark. Any Help would be appreciated.

There is a TIL out about using a conductive grease on connectors. There have been tubes of the conductive grease provided with new-, refurbished-, and "spare" parts cards orders, so if you don't have a tube already you may have some luck looking through your spares boxes.

These alarms are generally the result of mismatches in the feedback from the 96FG-2A, -2B, & -2C pressure transmitters. (Not all units have three P2 pressure transmitters, but most later models did.) The usual signal name for P2 Pressure Feedback is FPG2, but sometimes it was named FPG1; look at your I/O Report (TC2KREPT.TXT) and/or I/O Assignment file, IO.ASG, to be sure of the signal name in your unit.

FPRG_INT is the integrated value of the P2 Pressure Reference, FPRG (Fuel Pressure Reference-Gas). You can look up the signals in the CSP Cross-Reference, and also in the Mk V Application Manual, GEH-6195, in the section on servo-valve outputs and regulators (Sect. 7???).

Using the Signal Flow Diagrams in the back of the Application Manual, GEH-6195, Appendix D, you can trace the P2 transmitter feedback through the TCQA card--not through the TCEA card.

M

michael Napoli

If you are thinking about replacing the TCEA cards. I work for Gas Turbine Controls, we are an alt source for new OEM GE cards. We stock the full line MK V and EX2000 card. I can put you in touch with on of our engineers if you would like to ask him some questions.

michael 914-693-0830 X 24

You were correct. I swapped 96fg-2b with 96fg-2c and the problem followed it. So during the next outage I replaced the transmitter and all is good now. MarkV guy, thank you, don't stop helping here.

I'm having the same voter mismatch problem on the <S> processor for my frame 9E machines also.
One one particular time, several voter mismatch (about 10-12) from the same <S> processor would come at the same time.
There is also a 125V DC ground fault alarm for quite some time on the machine.

My question is:
Is this voter mismatch problem is caused by the TDCA card faulty which is is turn caused by the 125V DC ground?
If yes, is there any way or method to find the ground fault? And can the testing conducted while the machine is online or is it can only be conducted during a shutdown?
Lastly, can this problem cause any serious consequences if left unattended?

Thanks in advance.

B

Bob Johnston

No, do not try to ground fault check with the machine running, it is pretty well impossible and there is a very good chance that you will trip the machine. Is this a + or - 125V DC fault, tell me which and I can make some suggestions, the fault finding is a bit different for both.

I was told that it's a -ve fault. What is the difference between both faults, and how can v tackle it? Can the check be done when the machine is down? Thx.