MARK VIe

Hello all,

I just wanna ask a simple question concerned Control turbine syst MARK VIe، sine u work as a control engineer, if u dont mind. So, as its known in toolbox, when we want to force a contact, we hve only tow cases: Force True or Force False and tht montined in signal tag F or T, so, we hve an other (where i work), instead F or T, we hve the letter A ( Force A)!! So, wht does it mean the letter A, eventhough, we can't to restor it!

Thx all,

Hello all,

I just wanna ask a simple question concerned Control turbine syst MARK VIe، sine u work as a control engineer, if u dont mind. So, as its known in toolbox, when we want to force a contact, we hve only tow cases: Force True or Force False and tht montined in signal tag F or T, so, we hve an other (where i work), instead F or T, we hve the letter A ( Force A)!! So, wht does it mean the letter A, eventhough, we can't to restor it!

Thx all,
Hello!

What is if the other letter for the forcing tag/status...

A would mean something as you mentionned ...what is frame unit type...

ControlsGuy25.

mahad83,

I rarely need to force any signals in a Mark* turbine control system or DCS, but it’s possible to force logic signals (which drive contacts in the application code) and analog signals (such as thermocouple inputs or 4-20 mA outputs, etc.). It’s been so long since I forced an analog signal value that I don’t recall what indication is placed next to the signal name; it could be “A”…!

But, ControlsGuy25 has asked this question of you to try to help you with your issue—but you have yet to answer. We are awaiting your answer, or to hear you have discovered what the “A” means for a logic signal value that’s been forced and you can share that with us.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

mahad83,

I rarely need to force any signals in a Mark* turbine control system or DCS, but it’s possible to force logic signals (which drive contacts in the application code) and analog signals (such as thermocouple inputs or 4-20 mA outputs, etc.). It’s been so long since I forced an analog signal value that I don’t recall what indication is placed next to the signal name; it could be “A”…!

But, ControlsGuy25 has asked this question of you to try to help you with your issue—but you have yet to answer. We are awaiting your answer, or to hear you have discovered what the “A” means for a logic signal value that’s been forced and you can share that with us.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Hi All,

I would add a comment on this post as original poster did not respond yet...

First we dont know what type of variable is referring to..

Secondly that "A " would can mean "Active" and there should be a "I" for Inactive ....thats just a suggestion..

Looking to hear back from you soon,

Cheers,

ControlsGuy25

Thx all for your answers,

The problem that I had a some faults in Fire/gas Control panel linked wth Control turbine Syst. So, I had to restart the system without triping the machine by forcing some critical signals (L45GTX), which are mentioned in the picture. After I finished my work, I wanted to restor these signals in order to put them in the correct position, but suddenly, I noticed by chance the lettre A afterthe force lettre F (L45GTX.....False A.....Gas Detection) ! which I coudnt restor it and I dont know wht does it mean!

Thx all,

If you cant do that so sthere is something that preventing to do it...
The thing is that you need to know what is preventing /blocking unforcing that signal..

You have some search/study to do at least on the unit application code ...

mahad83,

You are using words and terms not usually associated with ToolboxST functions. (Restoring is not usually used in conjunction with forcing. As ControlsGuy25 said, un forcing is probably the correct word for what you are trying to do.)

When forcing a signal the user usually has to choose to FORCE or FORCE AND CLOSE by checking a box. If you want to unforce a signal you uncheck the box and close the associated forcing window and the force is removed.

As for the “A” indication it’s probably related to the condition the signal is placed into during the re-boot of the processor—and that’s a guess. Again, I rarely force logic when a turbine is running and even more infrequently re-boot processors when logic is forced so I don’t recall ever seeing that indication before.

Again, as ControlsGuy25 says, you need to use the ’Help’ feature of ToolboxST and learn how to unforce logic signals. I don’t think you will find ‘restore’ used in conjunction with forcing actions.

Best of luck. Actually, it sounds like you have been VERY LUCKY if you forced tripping logic and re-booted processors without actually tripping the turbine. You may find you need to shut down to get those tripping logic signals unforced after re-booting. I did hear some anecdotal reports of something similar, but it was a very poorly described set of circumstances and a lot of questions which the teller had no good answers for, so I tend not to repeat them usually.

Thx all for your answers,

The problem that I had a some faults in Fire/gas Control panel linked wth Control turbine Syst. So, I had to restart the system without triping the machine by forcing some critical signals (L45GTX), which are mentioned in the picture. After I finished my work, I wanted to restor these signals in order to put them in the correct position, but suddenly, I noticed by chance the lettre A afterthe force lettre F (L45GTX.....False A.....Gas Detection) ! which I coudnt restor it and I dont know wht does it mean!

Thx all,
Hi all!

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT SIGNAL NAME L45GTX AS i ONLY SEE L45FTX ( F not G) ON THE APP CODE THAT I GOT FOR Fire indication TRIP SIGNAL NAME...

Thank you for clarifying,

James

Okay
that better to understand ...and to have a better overview

Indeed there is L45GTX contact for alarm ...

Looks like others signals are forced ..

So what you need is to unforce those signals ... ( F means Forced signal )

Click right on that signal name (ever on "False" displayed in green ) and see if you can unforce it you should be able to do it by searching on the help menu also ..thats not a big deal .3.but dont force signals if you are familiar confortable with that !it is about safety not only operation !

There is other way to it by searchong on the app code for deisgnated signal and unforce it ...

Any time!
James

Got to go View menu option and click on forced variables or global variables and unforce the ones taht need to be done..

Other wise go to apop code and unforce one by one the forced signals

Mahad83,

In your picture, "False A" would be the value of the signal is 'False' and there was/is an Alarm attached to this signal. Depending on the settings, the alarm might be active when the value is TRUE or FALSE. You need to acknowledge/reset the alarms to remove that "A". Also, you sometimes might see "False AK" or "False K" which means the alarm was acknowledged. So, theoretically you could have 3 suffix to a boolean signal : "True FAK" which means it is 'forced', 'alarmed', and 'acknowledged'

Mahad83,

In your picture, "False A" would be the value of the signal is 'False' and there was/is an Alarm attached to this signal. Depending on the settings, the alarm might be active when the value is TRUE or FALSE. You need to acknowledge/reset the alarms to remove that "A". Also, you sometimes might see "False AK" or "False K" which means the alarm was acknowledged. So, theoretically you could have 3 suffix to a boolean signal : "True FAK" which means it is 'forced', 'alarmed', and 'acknowledged'

Good idea,
Wht about this contact tat you can change only the value True or False!

Attachments