Master (M) folder in the mark 6

A

ahmad

i have GT gas turbine control is mark 6 the file .m6b file was located inside the master, but i can't access to it. i tried to disconnect and reconnect it but when i did disconnect at the (M) I got it disappeared.

please , how i can returned and open it

Are you trying to open the .m6b file from an HMI other than the master HMI?

It would be really helpful to know what error messages or dialog boxes are appearing when you try to map to the location and what the configuration of your network is (how many HMIs; which HMI you're working from; if any of the other HMIs have any difficulty seeing the M: drive and the .m6b file; etc.).

You should be able to go to the "master" HMI and see the .m6b file. there.

If so, return to the other HMI, and log in with the appropriate privileges, and then open an Explorer window and use the Tools menu to map a network drive. Select drive letter M: and then provide the path (including the "master" HMIs computer name and folder location) and click 'Reconnect at logon'.

Sometimes you will have to click on 'Connect using a different user name' depending on how the passwords and security was set up. This is true if an error message or dialog box pops up that says you don't have the required privileges or something to that effect. If so, you will need the logon and password for the "master" HMI and when you're finished, it should be visible and return each time the remote HMI is re-started.

I just add some input for you :

Try manually to find your Master HMI in windows explorer, and go to specific share drive. If this is successfull, then maybe you need reconfigure your map network drive.

To find your .m6b files, you can go on your local drive C or D or image drive E/F. If you can't find this, go to your HMI master, copy .m6b files and put on your local HMI or upload manually from your MKVI.

Dear thank you for your reply,

i tried to open from the master screen. i have the other unit have the same problem but the master M folder still not disappeared. i went to open the master (M) it is not open and i get message said:
An error occurred while reconnecting M: to\\crm1_svr\master
the network path not found. this connection has not been restored

before one week i can access, but i do not know what is the problem.

please give your help
best regards

Please check your network or your HMI server. Ping your CRM1SVR (you can use IP address or name of computer) using dos prompt if this fail then you have network problem. or Try find your HMI Server using windows explorer.

I suspect you have network problem or your CRM1SVR problem, since all of your HMI client can't access your CRM1SVR.

i appreciate your work, you are right i think i there is problem in the network or in the SVR. do you have any paper on the network or CRM1SVR and how i can check it if it has a problem?

You should have received a "Network Topology" diagram for your site, which details how all the UDH and PDH devices are connected together.

The "network" basically uses standard Ethernet LAN technology, with specific IP addressing standards which should be detailed on the Network Topology drawing.

It really sounds like you need someone with some network skills to examine your network(s) (UDH and PDH) and the switches and network interface cards and evaluate the situation.

This does not appear to be a Speedtronic-related issue, or a Speedtronic application issue.

Right now, i don't have any MarkVI HMI on my hand but i can help you with below step:

1. In windows, try click start, choose run, and then type cmd then enter

2. Step1 will show you command prompt

3. type: ping crm1svr (my last plant, have ip address: 192.168.101.14) and enter. This command will try send test communication to your crm1svr and show ip address based on hosts settings on your HMI (i forget location of hosts settings that show us your list ip address for your whole plant).

If not successful, maybe shown destination unreachable, address not valid or others, if successful then there is number of time send and receive

4. Try ping other HMI by type ping "HMI Name" and enter

5. If step 3 and 4 not successful, then your HMI not communicate in UDH network. Try to change third group of ip address from 101 to 201 (maybe this ip address design almost same for all MKVI system). 201 is PDH network, and other number is same.

6. If step 5 successful, then you just have a problem on UDH.

7. Check your switch and connection based on your system architecture drawing, if LED connection on specific port that connected to your HMI is green/yellow blinking, then this shall be normal.

8. Try also ping your MKVI system for controller R, S and T

Above step just to check your network communication.

what GE normal doing they normal make the CRM1_SVR is the Master even if you has many units or many CPU. normal the Master folder its name is CRM1 Master(M).

i was faced this problem before. there is someone right click on the Folder (M) and made disconnect. so it was disappeared.

to return it again:

at the My Computer right click and then Map network drivers,

at first line write M,

at the Second line write
\\CRM1_SVR\MASTER

and then finish
the Folder (M) apeared Again