Mk6 speedtronic

E

ESKAY

Dear All,

I have a problem in Mk6 control system (Fr5 GT Mk6). Under Crm_Svr- File +Master on Crm_Svr/e_drive[M:] is NOT opening. When clicked on this file the following error Msg appears:

An error has occurred while reconnecting
M: to Cm1/Svr/e drive/Master. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested device. This condition has NOT been restored.

Kindly advice to restore this file and to activate. Thanks..

Regards
ESKAY

ESKAY,

There are certainly a <b>LOT</b> of HMI problems at your site.

<b>When did this problem start?</b> After re-booting an HMI? Which HMI--CRM_SVR or a "remote" HMI?

The M: drive should be "pointing to" a folder (directory) on the CRM (Control Room) Server where the Toolbox file is located. This folder is usually called 'Master.' All other "remote" HMIs which are capable of using Toolbox to view turbine operation, or even to make changes to configuration, must be able to access the Master folder (directory) on the CRM Server HMI. There must be only ONE (hence, "Master") .m6b file and it is, by default, stored in a folder (directory) labeled as the M: drive--almost always on the CRM Server HMI.

Is the CRM_SVR HMI unable to find the Master folder on its own hard drive, or is another, "remote," HMI unable to access the Master folder on the CRM Server HMI?

Every other HMI which can access the Master .m6b file must have a network drive "mapped" to M: which points to the folder (directory) on the CRM Server HMI.

It sounds as if some "remote" HMI either cannot communicate with the CRM Server HMI to access M: drive, or someone has deleted the mapping (in Windows Explorer) to automatically re-connect to the Master folder on the CRM Server HMI as M: drive.

This is most likely NOT a Toolbox, Mark VI, or CIMPLICITY problem. It IS most likely a MS-Windows "mapping" or network problem. And it probably occured after some HMI was re-booted, or someone was doing something to the Network drive mapping on an HMI. In any case, again, it's not a Mark VI, Toolbox, or CIMPLICITY problem.

If this is a problem with a "remote" HMI being unable to access the Master folder (directory) on the CRM Server HMI, please tell us this if you need more information. Or, if this is a problem with the CRM Server HMI not being able to find the Master folder (which should be also identified on the CRM Server HMI as the M: drive) please tell us so if you need more information.

Dear CSA,

Thanks for ur prompt response.

We have a Turbine (local) HMI and a remote HMI at our 33KV control room(centralised). HMI at turbine control room designated as Crm1_Svr and the remote as GT_Svr. M6b file resides in Master Crm1_Svr. M6b file at folder +Master on Crm1_Svr/e drive [M:] could not be opened at remote HMI under GT_Svr. That must be a mapping problem with the MS Window as you mentioned BUT not with the HMI- Toolbox-OR cimplicity. Normally we don't boot HMI unless it is warranted. This problem came on its own and now the error disappeared after booting HMI and I could open the m6b file from remote as well. But if the situation persists, then how to solve the problem of "mapping". Kindly advise..

Our turbine had Mk2 control system before and converted to Mk6, a year and half back. Mk6 system is somewhat new to me and that is why I have several doubts and need help from intellectuals and most knowledgeable person like you, sir. I and others really benefit a lot from this forum and hats off to you and other members of this forum. With high regards...

ESKAY

ESKAY,

Many times the solutions to these kinds of problems with GE Mark VI HMIs is: Time and patience. The networking can be very complicated, especially if there are redundant NICs and/or redundant network switches. So, as it seems you have found, if you only power-on the HMI occasionally you will likely have to wait--sometimes as long as 15-30 minutes--for the HMIs and network switches to sort themselves out and make all the necessary reconnections, logins, and mappings.

You may want to get a MS-Windows networking person to site to look over all the users and logins on the HMIs to be sure they are all configured to re-connect at log-in. I would bet that you had to change login/user to get the mappings all re-established.

And, of course, even if the proper settings are made because of the complexity of the networking configurations it just takes time to get everything sorted and connected and working. It's a GE HMI, so you should not expect it to be fast, and you should especially not expect it to be user-friendly!!!

Best of luck! Be sure to have back-ups of both HMI hard drives!

Dear CSA,

Thanks again for the advice. I shall keep a copy of back-up for both HMI hard drives and update them as and when required.

I will also improve my knowledge on Mk6 speedtronic system by seeking advice to the problems encountered through this forum.

Regards..
ESKAY