New to PLC

Hello friends, please I am new to PLC and I have a little understanding about programming using the Ladder logic. Can I have a mentor who will help me through this my new areaof specialization

Hello friends, please I am new to PLC and I have a little understanding about programming using the Ladder logic. Can I have a mentor who will help me through this my new areaof specialization
Hello !

You are welcome here!

Do not hesitate to reach us for support!

Always glad to support you !

James

What is very important to understand with ladder logic, is that you must see it as a hardware combination of relay contacts and relays. Very important is to consider that every ladder happens (almost) at once. So don't think ok I set a bit in the first ladder line and in the line below that the bit is set. No, everything is happening at once in ladder.
You can use the software of Pro-face (GP Pro EX) in combination with a Pro-face touchpanel (like the GP-4116) to try it out in an easy way.
Ladder logic.jpg

Hi,
I am (was) an electrical trainer, now retired. Couple of questions for you:
Do you have a particular problem within your employment, ie do you have a specific PLC you need to learn about in your place of work? Or are you simply trying to educate yourself?
If the former, then say what PLC you are up against.
If the latter, then do you know what PLCs are being used by local industry?
Reason for asking is that programming in ladder is simple, but each manufacturer's software is different.
At the worst end of the scale (but very popular PLC) is Siemens. I would say that if you are going to work on Siemens kit you need to attend a training course. Their software is not intuitive.
If you want to train yourself then the best is probably Mitsubishi. They copied the Americans and made a very intuitive PLC and software. A simple PLC with some switches as inputs is relatively cheap and you can often get the software online.
So, answer the questions above, give me a couple of days (I don't access this site every day) and I will try and help.
Chris