Please we have some challenge running up our gas Turbine mark vie control

The gas Turbine trip at 24% speed, with no alarm, the only thing we can see on the alarm page is master protective trip. And another thing we notice during the run up is that ssov is close and the vent is open, but as the unit get to 23/23% speed, the vent open and close back but the ssov remain close and at this point the machin trip. Please can any one help out, an bond to be corrected thanks

Suenze2019, welcome to control.com. For any of us here to help you will need to provide a lot more information.
What kind of machine is this?
What control system?
What troubleshooting steps have you performed?
Did you recently have the machine offline for maintenance?
What fuel does this machine run on?
What fuel were you starting on?
Some good responses would be:
A GE 7FA with DLN 2.6 running gas only fuel
MKVIe
Machine was shutdown for a maintenance outage
Gas/Gas

If possible I would start by attaching the triplog for the recent trip, and if possible a copy of the alarm and event log. If these requests are not possible we will still attempt to help, but it will be slow and require lots of questions back and forth.

MIKEVI,

I missed it, too; the model of the control system is in the title.

It would be MOST helpful if the original poster would tell us how long after flame is established that the machine loses flame.
There used to be a "bug" (for lack of a better word) that I could NOT get Engineering to correct (I found it in 1988 when starting up a Mark IV...) that would cause an alarm-less trip during the warm-up period of the Trip Oil pressure was not sufficient. The "bug" allows the unit to fire and establish flame, but if Trip Oil doesn't build up before the warm-up timer expires the unit will "trip" without an alarm when the warm-up timer expires. I had gone over the unit to set all of the manual valves in their proper positions prior to the first fire attempt, and then an engineer at the Customer went behind me (without telling me) and changed the positions of the Trip Oil pressure switch drain valves, opening them.

After three or four alarm-less trips, I was VERY surprised to find the unit would fire without Trip Oil pressure, and it would go through the warm-up time without Trip Oil pressure. There was NO alarm that the Trip Oil pressure was low, either. And, I could NEVER convince Engineering that this should be fixed--the bit of sequencing had been around for SO LONG that no one knew exactly why it was there and no one was comfortable changing it. (Personally, I think it was put there for units that were black-start units and were operated remotely--several black-start machines I worked on would have trouble establishing Trip OIl pressure with the D.C Emergency L.O. pump during a black start, but as the unit speed increased above just 3-4% the Main L.O. Pump discharge pressure would increase sufficiently to actuate the Trip Oil pressure switches....)

Anyway, I would strongly suggest monitoring Trip Oil pressure during STARTing, and monitor the Trip Oil pressure switch inputs during starting and the warm-up timer/logic (T2W and L2W)--all AFTER checking the Trip Oil pressure switch drain valves on the Accessory Gauge Panel to make sure they are in the proper position BEFORE initiating a START. If even one of them is not in the correct position, or there is a problem with one or more Trip Oil pressure switch or the wiring connecting it to the Mark VIe I think there will be a problem such as is being alluded to (if that bit of code is STILL present in the application code).

I would also like to know what is an "ssov".... I think the last three letters mean 'solenoid-operated valve,' but I don't know what the first 's' is for.... My mind is just not working very well today; not enough sleep trying to refute some STOOPUD perceptions of how the Combustion Monitor works for a Customer that doesn't know anything about the Combustion Monitor but knows that IT (and the Mark V) is the source of several recent exhaust thermocouple failures which have "tripped" their machine. (And, it turns out the unit didn't trip at all--it was shut down by an operator, a normal controlled fired shutdown initiated with a STOP. But they insist on calling it a "trip." The Customer IS NOT always right, and in this case they believe they are--and so it's fallen to the company I work for to try to correct their perception by completely documenting the Combustion Monitor block and associated sequencing. It's not enough to verbally describe how it works because they won't believe it. And when we give them the write-up (they are paying my company to write on a weekend!!!) they will look at it and see the snippets of code in the document and their eyes will roll and they will just say, "JUST TELL US WHAT WE HAVE TO DO TO FIX THE MACHINE!!!" (And we've already told them what to do, but until they get a written description of how the Combustion Monitor works, they are resisting doing it.)

We look forward to hearing back from the original poster with the requested information.

I am aware that CSA has already mentioned the trip oil pressure issue. However, I remember an instance that a master protective trip alarm was indicated when the pressure switches did not agree for a moment.

Although the only time I have seen that is during shutdown when "blowout speed" was reached. Many things happening at once covers the alarms provided for low trip oil pressure.

Just adding to the confusion of the original post.

Or, 63HL-1, -2, -3--we don't know what fuel is being burnt.

And, there ARE just a lot of unknowns. But, this is only getting worse--on the forum and in real life. People just think that service providers (with "experience") will intuitively KNOW what causes "the problem" and it's not necessary to provide any meaningful information or actionable data.

Years ago the Moderators at Control.com tried to develop a form for people to use when submitting a post--to avoid the back-and-forth we so often have to go through and get quick and concise answers to people. They found that when they forwarded the list to people in a well-meaning effort to elicit as much information as possible before posting their question--they got VERY few responses. Which means the number of posts decreased, which means the number of website clicks decreased, which means ad revenue was going to be affected.

CSA,

You are absolutely correct, I have tried to limit my contributions to control.com.

Yet, It is kinda like a game of clue. It also keeps my troubleshooting skills active. I have pretty much worked the bugs out of the turbines I am responsible for.

I also would not of received the flame scanner troubleshooting info a few weeks ago, if I were not active on the forum.

Curious_One,

Actually, I wish you wouldn't limit your contributions, and use your knowledge and experience to provide answers and troubleshooting.

I'm also pleased to see the inputs from MIKEVI, too. I was beginning to think he had changed jobs and didn't have any time for Control.com. Or, worse. It's good to have his contributions again.

Good morning CSA. Thanks for your concern. My absence was just a very heavy outage workload for the last 18 months, and a little still from the change of hosting of control.com. I am glad to be back in with the group, as Curious_One noted this effort helps keep my troubleshooting mind active.