Reactive power control in PV inverter tied grid

Hello everyone I am planning to control the reactive power of the PV system but I couldn't figure out about the control strategy. I am planning of using the PI controller, as it requires an error signal to operate, I need the reference to compare to the measured value .so I couldn't figure out about that reference.
and its simulation, not hardware.
Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone I am planning to control the reactive power of the PV system but I couldn't figure out about the control strategy. I am planning of using the PI controller, as it requires an error signal to operate, I need the reference to compare to the measured value .so I couldn't figure out about that reference.
and its simulation, not hardware.
Thanks in advance.
Hello all,

High voltage,

I guess that a good search on the web will give you good answers...

In my opinion Ref signal can be issued form Transmission Operator/Dispatching ,

It really depends on how you point of view is , since ref signal can be issued alslo by Power plant controlleralso know as Large Scale Photovoltaique Power plant for a large utility...

Without have checked your plant controls concept /design ( schematic , diagram , synoptic) that will be difficult to tell you more about the ref signal...

As far as i know Q P ( reactive /active power got their own controllers and this can be included in the coverall control loop as cascade mode or whatever you call it!)

ControlsGuy25.
Always glad to help & support you !