S5 95U SAP list

J

Jeff

Hello,

I am migrating from Win3.11 to Win2K with Intouch as my HMI and I just about done but I am running into a snag. I am using a Siemens S95U PLC communicating to a Siemens CP5613 profibus card (was a L2A25412) with the new Softnet V6.0. I am having troubles in the new Softnet configuring the LSAP. In my PLC project in Com DB1 I have send and receive bytes with local and remote SAP's and I am ASSUMING that I should match the LSAP in the softnet to the SAP in the Com DB1 program. Can anbody give me some kind of explanation LSAP's and SAP's?

Any help would be great.

Jeff

J

Jeremy Ahijevych

I can't answer your question directly, but if you are trying to connect an S5-95 to an HMI, I have another solution. There's a company called Software Toolbox that makes all kinds of comm drivers, Siemens S5 being one of them. I have recently used this driver to connect the programming port of an S5-95 to a Lantronix RS-232-to-Ethernet converter (Co-Box). The S5 driver then can read any data out of the processor using Ethernet encapsulation. One advantage is you don't need to mess around with the "send" and "receive" mailboxes in COM DB1. The S5-95 programming port is current loop, so I used a Siemens cable (converts current loop to RS-232) connected to a standard 25-pin to 9-pin modem cable with the 9-pin end cut off with the leads connected to the Lantronix RS-232 terminals. Software Toolbox has a tech-note on how to get data from their driver into InTouch.