short cuircuit test in generators

Hi
if i want to conduct short cuircuit test in generators which protection for generator i should disable
thank you for your support

Hi
if i want to conduct short cuircuit test in generators which protection for generator i should disable
thank you for your support
Hi You should normally get those indications on OEM manuals ..
In my previous generator commissioning role , we used to disable voltage/retrained protections related for short ciruit tests..
Some protection like overcurrent have voltage restrained application , so you need to check with OEM manuals what is advised to do ....

ControlsGuy25.

Thank you
Again that will be very helpful for you to get Test protocol document from OEM as it is well written how to perform such TEST...
Short circuit can be applied at LV/MV side of auxialiaries transformer ... & alos on HV side of Main transformer , it really depending on your SLD (SINGLE LINE DIAGRAM) and OEM procedure document....

As i didn't have checked this SLD and Protection relay settings i cannot add more on the case..

James25.

Amie..
Additional Information:.. Tests methods/procedures are available in both IEEE and IEC Standards. .You must disable any protective relay set to trip within the range you expect armature-current to reach!
Regards, Phi Corso

Do you have OEM procedure documentations /manuals ?
You surely be more confortable with such documents..

What is protection relay?
Prime mover/Generator type

We can support , if more details are provided

James25.

Thae protection relay is BECKWITH M3425A model,Prime mover Hydlrulic starter ,,Generator type brushless with PMG
That Beckwith relay is pretty good and very complete for your Generator Unit protection.
Thanks for sharing!
We still do not know but it looks like steam turbine coupled to the generator ..right ? or other prime mover..Hydro turbine?

Amie...
During the SC Test the generator's output V is zero. The generator's SC output-current is usually raised enough to corroborate its rated synchronous reactance, Xd . What to you mean,""test in MV"?
Phil

Amie...
Short-Circuit-Test of Generator reduces its output voltage to zero, thus all trip or supervisory functions related to voltage (at least 10) provided by the BECKWITH Relay go to zero for the duration of the test.
Phil