siemens cp341 modbus connect to more than one slave ADAM

R

robin

Hi my name is Robin.
I facing problem in programming Siemens Modbus RTU CP341.I have success in command Digital output and input of Slave (ADAM). But I still not success in command Analog input.

I also having problem in checking program. When I send data and wait for the receive NDV. But if connect in more than 1 unit slave and one of the multidrop cable disconnected and the program did not received the NDV signal it will error. How am i should write this program. i have try but failed many time.

Does any good guy have tried program siemens modbus connect to more than one slave. Please help me, send an exaple program that link to more than one slave.

Robin
Regard
email: [email protected]

P

Patrick Lansdorf

Hi Robin,

Lets face it, Modbus was never a fieldbus used frequently by Siemens. I do not know the equipment that you have, but it sounds as if a gateway would be an easier way to go.

With a gateway from HMS, Profibus slave to Modbus master, you would set up the Modbus network with the gateway and Profibus with the Siemens PLC.

Go to: http://www.anybus.com/support/support.asp?PID=104&ProductType=Anybus Communicator
for more information about the gateway, or send me an email, [email protected]

//Patrick