Siemens RTU interface to Honeywell DCS

I

Ibrahim Ago

In our plant we are considering the use of Siemens RTU products to replace old obsolete RTU. The equipment will be connected to Honeywell DCS through CLM. However, Siemens does not talk BSAP. So, communication will probably be established through Modbus. Was this tried before? How much engineering work is required for it? Any recommendations? Comments?

D

David Farris

Hi,

I am curious as to if you are also considering the Bristol Babcock ControlWave Micro PLC? Since you already have an established BSAP network, this device might be a good fit for your application, and it talks BSAP as well as Modbus. If programming is an issue, the ControlWave Micro PLC is programmable using the IEC61131-3 standard that includes 5 languages which can be intermixed throught your load. If you are interested in this device, please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks

U

ULS/Control System Consultant

Hi,

Siemens communication to Modbus is not a problem, I myself have done several projects using Siemens RTU using Modbus for communication at Petronas (Malaysia).

Siemens Modbus Format can talk to CLM or any other third party Modubus interface.

I have used many control systems, PLCs and RTUs but i found Siemens as a user friendly/flexible and accomodating system. My most of the projects were for oil & Gas industry where standards are really followed.

If you will be requiring further information, you can email me on [email protected].

Regards,

ULS