SLC500 connection to Rosemount WirelessHART

I have a client that's considering using Rosemount's 1410S WirelessHART gateway to add some thermocouple measurement points, and want to tie into their SLC500.

I'm trying to determine what communication protocol to use. I prefer Ethernet I/P. The 1410S uses implicit messaging, and sends data as blocks of 496 bytes. I know that Micrologix can't accept data blocks of that size, but I'm not sure about the SLC500.

Do you all know whether or not the SLC500 would work with that block size?

Alternatively, I could output from the 1410S via Modbus RTU on RS485, then go to a RS485-RS232 converter and in to the PLC, but I'd need to confirm my client's PLC has an RS232 port available to use.

I've included a screen shot of the physical connections and data protocols available for the 1410S.

1644442985862.png

Open your Logix500 software and create a test project with SLC505 and a data block to see what the maximum size is, probably only 255. The wireless integration manual has an example for Logix5000. Maybe a chance to add a new CompactLogix with possibility of replacing SLC500 in the future.

Thank you for the reply! This client is planning to upgrade this process to CompactLogix in the future, but it's a lower priority - they need to add these thermocouple points in the next couple of months