Tension Control Problem

A

aditya saxena

Sir,

Today I have visited ur site and find intresting Questions and their answers. I have following queries regarding the Torque Control in DC Motor.

1. What is Current Mode in the Variable Drive of DC Motor and what happen when Motor runs in Current Mode and what is effect on Armature and Field Current Mode?

2. Suppose in Cold rolling Mill three Mtors are running and Coil is Loaded and if coil gets break then what will be the Impect on Motors means at which speed motors will run and why?

3. How Tension is controlled and what are the Motor Parameters?

4. Can DC Motor can be run in Speed and Current Mode Both when Variable DC Drive is connected, If Yes How it Operates in Both Mode in terms of Armature Voltage and Current and Field Voltage and Current?

Waiting For the Early and Positive Response.

You can also mail at my following Mail ID also
[email protected]

Once Again I request you to respond as Early as Possible.

Regards

Aditya Saxena
Mumbai, India

Sir,

simply speaking, with a dc motor operating from a drive which is set up for torqe control, it is possible to run the motor at a set 'line speed', and vary the torque at the motor shaft, in other words, you can vary or adjust the tension of the web.

In your situation (a steel rolling mill) it would be a good way of controlling the tightness of the web, it is the usual way of controlling a winding line. If the web were to break however, the motor would tend to run away at high speed, but most good dc drives have an overspeed protection facility built in.

hope this of some help. any more questions, contact me on ;simon.shepherd(at)lektronix.co.uk